Visitors to roadshows show support for NGT proposals
The public roadshows about the proposed Leeds trolleybus system have now finished and initial results from the questionnaire responses are now available
Over 1,300 people visited our roadshows, which were held in Hunslet, Weetwood, Headingley, Woodhouse Moor, the city centre and near to St James's Hospital.
Visitors could view displays about the proposed trolleybus system and share their views on the proposals by answering the NGT questionnaire either during or after their vist. They also had the opportunity to speak to the NGT team, who were on hand to answer any questions.
The roadshows are now over and questionnaire responses from those who attended the exhibitions have been analysed. Responses show that:
- 86% of visitors support or strongly support the proposals for the NGT scheme
- 83% of visitors support or strongly support the proposals to use modern trolleybuses on the NGT network
- 78% of visitors support or strongly support the proposals for Park and Ride sites on the North and South Routes
- The top things that visitors said are most important to them in a new transport system are:
- more reliable services
- cheaper fares
- faster services and more frequent services
- more bus only lanes/bus priority
- Vistors showed strong support for new transport vehicles that are more environmentally friendly
- Of visitors who live within 10 minutes walk of the proposed NGT routes 91% said they will consider using NGT to travel around Leeds, compared to 86% of those people who did not live within 10 minutes of the route
These are only initial consultation findings, as we are still receiving completed postal and online questionnaires. After the consultation closing date (Friday 4 September), we will carry-out a full analysis of responses and publish the results on this website.
Thursday 30 July